In fulfilling our mission statement to be humble and hungry, we are offering the women of Cherry Hills a chance for large, mid-sized and small gatherings as on-ramps to grow their faith. Our hope is to be hospitable and welcoming to those plugged into Cherry Hills as well as those who are new.
For information on Groups, click here.
If you would like information about mid-size Women’s studies, contact email@example.com or see study descriptions below:
- Sunday morning – Sunday School class for women
- Tuesday afternoon – Bible Study
- Wednesday morning – Mom’s group Bible Study
- Thursday night – WOW (Women of the Word) Bible Study
- Friday morning –Bible Study
Gather weekly with two to three other women, for one hour, for one purpose, to intercede in prayer. This video gives you an example of women praying for their children.
Some other examples of topics for Prayer Circles could include praying for our nation, adult children, missions, or for those who don’t know Christ. For more information and to get signed up, email Terri Woolbright (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, September 22nd.
Table Talk for Six
Table Talk for Six (TT46)– 6 women, 4 questions, 2 hours, 1 time a month. Watch this video to learn more about TT46.
For more information and to get signed up, email Cindy Gorrell (email@example.com) by Friday, September 22nd.
Tuesday Afternoon Study
The Tuesday afternoon study for the first 7 weeks Discerning the Voice of God: How to Recognize when God Speaks by Priscilla Shirer. We begin our study on Tuesday, September 12 from 12:30-2:30.
Here is a synopsis: If hearing God has seemed challenging, Priscilla Shirer invites you to explore a more intimate relationship with Him, one that can make hearing Him – His will, His heart, and His voice – your ongoing experience. Discover how you can listen with greater confidence, clarity and discernment.
If you would like to order a book– email Christie (firstname.lastname@example.org). Book order will be placed August 26th.
This study is about obedience so we can hear His Voice.
We have large group study for first hour then break into small groups second hour.
Wednesday Morning Mom’s Group
Moms Group will begin on Wednesday, September 6. We meet each Wednesday morning at the church from 9:00 to 11:15 a.m. Moms Group is open to women of any age. Feel free to invite a friend!
Childcare is provided for children age 5 and under, as well as a homeschool childcare room, for a minimal suggested donation.
Books will be available for purchase on the first day. To register and ensure that we have books for you, please register here by August 30th. Please include your name and the names/ages of your child(ren) for childcare.
Please note: Scholarships are available for both book purchases & childcare costs. Don’t let this keep you from coming. Contact me for more information if needed.
This semester we will be studying two books:
* Listen, Love, Repeat: Other Centered Living in a Self Centered World by Karen Ehman ~ In a culture saturated and obsessed with self, Listen Love Repeat inspires readers to embrace backwards living by finding true joy through intentional acts of kindness. Providing practical tips and encouragement, Karen Ehman inspires us to live alert and to be on the lookout in conversations with others for hints of what kindness we might show them.
* You & Me Forever: Marriage In Light Of Eternity by Francis & Lisa Chan ~ Marriage is great, but it’s not forever. It’s until death do us part. Then come eternal rewards or regrets depending on how we spent our lives. Francis Chan joins together with his wife Lisa to address the question many couples wonder at the altar: “How do I have a healthy marriage?” Setting aside typical topics on marriage, Francis and Lisa dive into Scripture to understand what it means to have a relationship that satisfies the deepest parts of our souls. You and Me Forever: Marriage in Light of Eternity will radically shift the way we see one of the most important relationships in our life. Jesus was right. We have it all backwards. The way to have a great marriage is by not focusing on marriage. Whether you are single, dating or married, You and Me Forever will help you discover the adventure that you were made for and learn how to thrive in it.
Thursday Morning First Place For Health
We are excited to be thinking about starting the Fall Session of First Place 4 Health at Cherry Hills. We meet Thursday mornings from 9-11am in Room 204. The following are the dates for Fall Session—
Our Bible Study will be Living for Christ. Living for Christ guides readers through Paul’s epistle to the Ephesians to discover their inheritance as children of God. We will come to better understand the spiritual blessings of being chosen, loved, predestined and forgiven by the heavenly Father. Most important, readers will learn how to live a life worthy of their calling as children of God, a legacy that was theirs to claim at birth.
This First Place 4 Health Bible study contains 12 weeks of daily studies to help us put Christ in first place, as well as weekly Live It Trackers to document your progress. Also included are Scripture memory cards, a coordinating Scripture memory music CD, and two complete weeks of menu plans with grocery lists, recipes and detailed nutrition information. Daily study guide books are $20.
It’s such a great support group for prayer and encouragement!! Our focus is to put Christ in first place in 4 areas—physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually! Each week we have healthy eating tips, exercise suggestions, and a time of prayer and sharing in God’s Word.
Looking forward to Sept. 7 for an introduction to FP4H and information about the study. Please contact Mary Jane Moorman (787-0617 or 553-0627) or Dale Slater (331-8096) for information or to place an order for the daily study guide.
Thursday Evening Study
Thursday study will run from September 14-November 16, 2017, 6:30-8:30 pm.
Join us this fall season as we apply Biblical teachings about redemptive attitudes that can move us from stagnancy to life-changing growth in our walk with the Lord. This 10 week study by James McDonald entitled, “Lord Change my Attitude Before it’s too Late” uses examples from the Israelites’ journey out of Egypt. Attitudes can affect whether we stay in the wilderness or enjoy the blessings of the Promised Land. We will learn to move from complaining to thankfulness, coveting to contentment and doubting to faith. We start every night with small group discussion and prayer time, followed by large group teaching from the DVD series. Women of all ages are welcome, however, childcare is not provided.
Cost: $15.00 for a workbook; available the first night To sign up and reserve a book: email Kathy Hall (email@example.com).
Friday Morning Study
Join us this Fall as we study together on Fridays, September 22-November 3 (9:00-11:00 a.m.). We are doing a six-week video study by John Ortberg entitled, “Soul Keeping, Caring for the most important part of you.” He will take us on an exploration of the soul from the perspective of someone who has struggled to understand and care for his own soul. Ortberg will highlight his relationship with Dallas Willard, a “professor of the soul” and what he learned from his wisdom in the midst of his own struggles and hardships. Ortberg shares his honest, funny, moving, insightful, and tender journey with you so that you can better care for
your own soul. Our souls resting place is God and John wants to take us to that home.
We’ll watch his teaching and follow it with discussion.
The cost is $9 which includes workbook, materials and supplies for the class. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register no later than Friday, September 15th.
2017/2018 Upcoming Events
- Women’s Fall Celebration–Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- Women’s Christmas Breakfast–Saturday, December 2, 2017
- Women’s Winter Retreat–Friday & Saturday, February 2-3, 2018
Bible studies, prayer circles and Dinner for 6 to kick off Fall 2017. Times and locations to be announced.
For more information on any of the upcoming events, contact Cindy Gorrell (email@example.com).