In Discovery Bay Preschool area, our main goal is to show children God’s love and to help them learn by example as well as through Bible-based lessons while also allowing families to worship. This love should be apparent in our stories, songs, talk, play, comforting…in every way! Students are introduced to God’s Word in the preschool area and begin to understand that God made us and everything in the world around us. They begin learning that we can show each other God’s love in the way we treat each other.
We don’t just seek to disciple children, we want to help parents come alongside their child to talk about what they learned throughout the week. We will be providing tools to help children and their families become disciples of Jesus together.
Preschool Ministry serves children ages 2 through pre-k (year prior to kindergarten).
Purpose of Preschool Ministry and your child’s experience
- To help each child feel comfortable and special
- To help each child feel secure with adults who love and care for him/her
- Scripture, songs, lessons, and God-centered conversation and curriculum
- Snack – Goldfish crackers and water (please alert us of any allergies)
- Age-appropriate Bible based activities
- To encourage the active participation of parents in worship, Bible study and other activities
Preschool Ministry Classes Available During…
- Sunday worship services (9:30 & 11:00 a.m)
Where We Gather
- Our four preschool classrooms are located on the main level.
- Classrooms are divided according to birth date as well as per student/teacher ratio
- Curriculum is designed to meet the ability of the age range in the classroom
Discovery Bay Preschool students participate in the Gospel Project curriculum (http://www.gospelproject.com/kids/). The elementary children are also using this curriculum so we feel this provides a great opportunity for families to be able to discuss the lessons as a family, no matter if the children are in preschool or elementary. In this study, children will study the entire Bible in a 3 year plan. Families will be given take-home sheets so that you can help your children apply the Bible to their lives
Preschool Ministry Contact Information
Contact Heather Cremeens with any questions you may have regarding the Sunday morning Preschool Ministry, or to sign up to serve.