- Cherry Hills Preschool is a ministry of Cherry Hills Church that was established more than 45 years ago.
- We provide 3 year old and 4 year old programming, as well as for those who are 5 years old and are not yet ready for the academic and/or emotional climate of kindergarten.
- Our program is Bible-based with an emphasis on personal attention to the unique needs of each child and instruction which emphasizes the development of the child – spiritually, socially and academically.
- We are committed to providing a Christ-centered education for preschool children.
- We strive to encourage growth of character and conscience standards in each child that are Biblical.
- Basic Biblical principles of thought and action are introduced through the presentation of Bible stories, activities, monthly Chapel, skits, and other various creative lessons on a regular basis, and are encouraged in all daily activities as the children learn, grow and interact with others.
- Our Preschool has a Christ-centered, love-motivated, well-structured program which seeks to provide a child with social interaction, intellectual stimulation, and spiritual direction which will prepare your child for elementary school.
Children of any race, color and national or ethnic origin may be admitted to Cherry Hills Preschool. Please see Registration Guidelines for the 2018/2019 year, below.
3 Year Old Program
It is required that all students be 3 years of age by September 1st in order to be enrolled into the 3 year old program.
4 Year Old Program
It is required that all students be at least 4 years of age by September 1st in order to be enrolled into the 4 year old program.
It is acceptable for a child to be 5 years old and enroll into our 4 year old program, for those that wish to provide an additional year of kindergarten preparation before enrolling into elementary school.
- All Cherry Hills Preschool students are required to be potty-trained prior to the first day of class.
- This means that he/she is no longer diaper dependent and is wearing underwear without having regularly occurring accidents.
- If it is discovered that a student is having accidents that point to the fact that the child is not potty-trained by our definition, it will be necessary for the child to not be in attendance until he/she is no longer having the accidents or to withdraw from preschool for the year (please see Withdrawal section for specifics).
Registration & Enrollment
- Registration for 2018-2019 school year will begin January 17, 2018 for current families, alumni and Cherry Hills families. Open registration will begin January 31, 2018 for all families.
- A $50 deposit must be submitted along with Application for Registration.
- Registration decisions will be based on date/time Application and Deposit are received.
- Students are enrolled once a completed registration application form and registration fee are received AND a confirmation letter is issued.
- Please note: completion of application does not ensure enrollment. Enrollment is based on class availability and order of applications received.
- Upon enrollment, families will be mailed an enrollment confirmation.
- Tuition for the first month of school (September) is due prior to July 1st in order to hold your child’s spot on the roster and is non-refundable.
- For those registering after July 1st, September’s tuition will be due immediately upon enrollment.
- Failure to pay 1st month’s tuition in a timely manner may result in forfeit of your child’s spot on the class roster.
- Registration form available here.
- *Child Behavior checklist available here. *(Only necessary if your child has any special needs or behaviors that we should be aware of.)
- In the case of a class being filled to capacity, a wait-list will be created.
- A child may be added to the wait-list by request after the proper registration application steps have been taken.
- The family will then be notified if/when a spot becomes available.
- If a spot does not become available soon after classes begin, or if you decide to be removed from the wait-list the registration fee will be reimbursed. (Deposit checks will not be cashed until child is enrolled in a class but will instead be kept in a wait-list file)
- In the case of classes being cancelled, deposit check and 1st month’s tuition will be reimbursed.
- Class placement is determined by the Director and teachers based on size and number of applicants.
- We do not take requests for specific teachers.
- Class options and tuition for the 2018-2019 school year are as follows:
- 3 Year Old Program
- 2 day (Tuesday/Thursday) $105/month
- 3 day (Monday/Wednesday/Friday) $135/month
- 4 Year Old Program
- 3 day (Monday/Wednesday/Friday) $135/month
- 4 day (Monday/Tuesday, Wednesday/Thursday) $170/month
- 3 Year Old Program
- Late payment of first month’s tuition may result in additional fee and eventually forfeit of child’s spot on class roster (per individual basis).
- Each month’s tuition will be due by the beginning of the month and should be placed in Tuition Deposit Box just outside Director’s Office.
Withdrawal of Student/Tuition Reimbursement
- In case of prolonged illness or injury or other unforeseen absence, Cherry Hills Preschool is happy to work with the family by sending home assignments and/or paperwork the child may miss while absent.
- Tuition will NOT be reimbursed for missed days.
- To formally withdraw a student, a written notification statement is required to be submitted to the Preschool Director.
- In this case, tuition will then be refunded to family, effective the 1st of the month following the notification of withdrawal.
- For September’s tuition policy, please see Registration section
- Reimbursement cannot be made for the current month in which a child submits notification of withdrawal and will be due before withdrawal.
Cherry Hills Preschool generally follows Chatham school district guidelines regarding weather-related closings. However, if we determine the weather or roads to be a safety risk for our families and teachers, we may close the Preschool at times when Chatham may not.
When the decision is made for Cherry Hills Preschool to close, your child’s teacher will notify you ASAP by either text or email.
Emails will go out any time of day or night, however we will not send out texts between the hours of 10:00pm and 6:30am in order to respect your overnight hours and to avoid disturbance.
Please discuss with your child’s teacher how they will be notifying you in case of closings.