Ministry & Serving Opportunities
We have a number of opportunities for you to serve alongside others from Cherry Hills. To find out more, click here.
Thanksgiving Service Sunday Evening November 18th
Our Thanksgiving service is Sunday evening, November 18th at 6:00 p.m. We’re worshiping all together (age 6-adult; nursery and childcare up to 5 years old). Our children, choir & praise teams are helping us sing our gratitude to God, and we’ll collect bags for our annual food drive. Hope you can join us!
Thanksgiving Food Drive bags were distributed this past Sunday, November 11th and will be available at the Ministry Center through Sunday, November 18th. Once again, we have the opportunity to help provide for those in need in our community as a part of our Thanksgiving Service. Donations will be collected at the evening Thanksgiving Service on Sunday, November 18th at 6:00 p.m. Donations will go to support Contact Ministries and Enos School. As always, we welcome all who are willing and able to help sort the donations immediately following the service. For more information, stop by the Ministry Center on Sunday morning.
To Help You Plan
There are a number of serving & giving opportunities coming in the next several weeks. We invite you to participate in all or just one or two. In addition, we’d like to make you aware of our Thanksgiving Service and Christmas Eve services.
- Cherry Pie Blitz – we will blitz our schools, police & fire departments and city offices with warm cherry pies to say thank you for serving our community.
- Thanksgiving Food Drive – bags will be under the seats in the worship center on November 11 to be returned on November 18 as part of our evening Thanksgiving service.
- Thanksgiving Service – November 18 at 6:00 p.m. in the Worship Center.
- Thank You Offering – December 2 – The 2nd offering on Communion Sunday will go towards helping Paul Rollet build a mission training center in the Philippines and locally, the James Project as they purchase another house for foster families.
- A Very Merry Christmas Party – December 8. Both a serving and giving opportunity. We are hosting a Christmas party for all of the foster care families in Sangamon county. 150+ volunteers, and 850+ gift cards needed.
- Contact Ministries Christmas Giveaway – December 10-12 (set up help is needed on December 10-11 and with the giveaway on December 12). Sign-ups will be taken in early December.
- Christmas Cookies for shelters – drop cookies off in the church kitchen to be taken to local shelters for Christmas.
- Christmas Eve Services – December 24 (2:00, 4:00 & 6:00 p.m.) in the Worship Center.